lördag 12 mars 2011

Who am I? Are you sure you want to know?

Superhjältar har nästan alltid problem med kärleken. Jag antar att de måste ha det för att kännas mänskliga och för att skurkarna ska ha någon att kidnappa.

Ta Peter Parker till exempel. Han är kär i sin granne Mary Jane och det är inte så svårt att förstå varför. Hon är en snäll flicka med trind barm och hon är lika vilsen som Peter.

Mary Jane: I wanna... act. On stage.
Peter Parker: Really? Well that's perfect. You were awesome in all the school plays.
Mary Jane: Really?
Peter Parker: Yeah. I cried like a baby when you played Cinderella.
Mary Jane: Peter, that was first grade.
Peter Parker: Well, even so...

Mary Jane: You know, you're taller than you look.
Peter Parker: I hunch.
Mary Jane: Don't.

Spider-Man: You have a knack for getting in trouble.
Mary Jane: You have a knack for saving my life. I think I have a superhero stalker.
Spider-Man: I was in the neighborhood...

Mary Jane: Do I get to say thank you this time?

Aunt May: You know, you were about six years old when Mary Jane's family moved in next door. And when she got out of the car, and you saw her for the first time, you grabbed me and you said, "Aunt May, Aunt May, is that an angel?"
Peter Parker: Gee, did I really say that?

Peter Parker: Well, Harry's in love with her. She's still his girl.
Aunt May: Isn't that up to her?
Peter Parker: She doesn't really know who I am.
Aunt May: Because you won't let her. You're so mysterious all the time. Tell me, would it be so dangerous to let Mary Jane know how much you care? Everybody else KNOWS...

Mary Jane: When I was up there, and I thought I was gonna die, there was only one person who I was thinking of, and it wasn't the who I thought it'd be. It was you, Pete. I kept thinking, "I hope I make it through this, so I can see Peter Parker's face one more time"
Peter Parker: Really?
Mary Jane: There's only one man who's always been there for me. Who makes me feel like I'm more than I ever thought I could be. That I'm just me. And that's ok. The truth is I love you. Oh, I love you so much Peter Parker.

Peter Parker: All I wanted was to tell her how much I loved her.
Peter Parker: I can't.
Mary Jane: You can't what?
Peter Parker: Tell you everything, I mean, there's so much to tell.
Mary Jane: Yeah, there's so much to tell.
Peter Parker: I want you to know that I will always be there for you. I will always be there to take care of you. I promise you that. I will always be your friend.
Mary Jane: Only a friend Peter Parker?
Peter Parker: That's all i have to give.


Ibland är livet som en okej filmatisering av en serietidning du aldrig läst. Men oftast inte. Jag kan inte låta bli att undra vem jag skulle vara om jag hamnade i en liknande situation. Skulle jag vara Peter Parker som ger upp sin livs kärlek för att skydda henne? Eller skulle jag vara Mary Jane som inser att personen jag älskar också är min räddare?